Saturday, October 8, 2011

Technical Difficulties

I'm posting from a different computer than usual. Windows somehow managed to get corrupted on my machine. It's not something that can be fixed short of wiping the computer completely and re-installing windows.

I'll be taking the harddrive in this week to Salem Geeks to have them pull my various documents, files, and photos from the drive for $30. Assuming I can get my files, I'll be happy. If not, I have some things backed up on an external harddrive and on my camera's memory card, but I've made quite a few changes to some important documents since my last backup. I'd really rather not have to re-create them all. 

The computer was a dinosaur, however, so I'm not going to bother re-installing windows. It wasn't powerful enough to handle having two heavy-weight programs, like Quickbooks and MasterWorks, open at the same time without locking up. I've been thinking about getting a new computer to speed up my workflow anyway, so now's as good a time to do it as any. 

Once I have the new computer, I should be able to complete certain tasks more quickly because I won't have to wait on my computer to process (something I've been spending more and more time waiting on over the last 2-3 months).

In the meantime, I won't be able to create custom logos for clients until I get MasterWorks up and running. This should only affect new business clients who need an embroidery design created off of a drawing or another graphic. All of my existing embroidery designs are already on a USB drive to communicate with my BMP8 embroidery machine, so I can still fulfill orders of existing designs without a problem. For example, I can still stitch out custom orders for everything in my Artfire shop.  

I'll post once I have the new computer up and able to digitize again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment