Monday, August 15, 2011

New Thread


It seems like everyone has their own quirky item that they like to collect. For some people, it's owls. They’ll have owl artwork, owl clothing, owl stationary (return labels, anyone?), owl figurines, owl potholders, owl Christmas ornaments, etc.I’m not trying to pick on owl lovers. It could just as easily be roosters, cats, sealife, or Coca-cola. 

The point is that somehow, people seem to amass themed collections. I don’t know how it happens or starts. Like tree of heaven, I suspect it starts small and then grows on its own unless weeded out at an early stage until it takes over way more space than you ever imagined.

So. What do I collect?

Does thread count? 

I'm not sure if it's quirky, but it is unusual. And oh, have I mentioned that this is only a portion of my collection? You see, I arrange my thread by type. These are just my polyester embroidery spools. I have a still more racks devoted to rayon embroidery thread, serger cones, and general sewing thread. 

To make matters worse, I just got some more. 

I needed a bright chartreuse for a job. While I was at it, I decided to expand my selection of yellow and to restock a few colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment